Am i making a mistake?

digital_run

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hi there.........I have a friend who is moving across the country and can't take his fish with him...He got rid of most of them but was couldn't get rid of a pair of convicts ( there small..male is about 2" and female 1" ). So even after some research and the feeling that it "might" work, i took them and added them to my 65 gallon tank. Now i have 6 tiger babrbs ( all over 2" ) and a 3 1/2" red tailed shark. Do you think this will work...or should i be looking for a home for them....i really like my shark and he and the male convict seem to be not getting along. Now the shark isnt being chased..he just flares all of his fins and stands his ground...but if they become a problem i will get rid of them....The barbs seem ok...

Please and advise would help.....can this work ???? :thumbs:

Adding fish like Convitcts, you may be taking a chance. HOWEVER, the barb's and sharks can hold there own. IMO, give it a chance, sometimes you MAY be surprised what ends up working out in a tank. Time will tell....keep a watchful eye! :blink:

We'll so far so good........The larger male ( i think ) got chased around by my shark who had all his fins at full ...looks wicked when hes pissed :D ....and now they seem to have calmed down. Ill keep a close eye and see...

Does the shark have a hideout of his own? If so, then I think it could work. After all, your tank is pretty big.

Ya i have 3 caves in there with another on the way....the shark is pretty aggresive when the larger one goes near it....the cons the one runnin.... :D ...i like the cons though...ill keep a close eye .

Thnx for the help

Most reactions

Back