Already Thinking Of A Change :")

ellena

Fish Gatherer
Joined
Apr 11, 2009
Messages
2,137
Reaction score
4
Points
38
Location
GB
So, I have the 6 galaxy rasboras and 4 endlers (since 2 mysteriously disappeared :( ) I hardly ever see the galaxies. There's tons of hiding space to give the confidence, but they just hide in it all the time. They don't even come out to be fed! I see one zoom across a few times a night, that's it. I've had them almost a month, should that be long enough for them to settle in?
I'm thinking of swapping them for more endlers, or maybe ember tetras. I don't think they're so pretty, but people seem to like their personalities.
What do you think?
 
I want to get some cherry shrimp, but they need a mature tank? I could have them as well as the fish too couldn't I?
 
Theyll be alright as long as theres no ammonia/nitrite and you havent used anything with copper in the tank, im doing a silent cycle and i have amano shrimp.
 
Cool, I'll post a wanted on the classfied, thanks :)
Saw some red badis in LFS today. Can't find an article on here and not much on google, but one site said they grow to 2cm. What are they like aggression wise? Lady in shop said peaceful, but I was a good girl and came home to do my research first :angel: :lol:
Would they be suitable in a 6.5 gallon with endlers?
 
Thanks for that essjay :) Not sure if it's talking about the same fish though? This bit makes me wonder
If you must add other fish, be careful. Marble hatchetfish would make ideal dither fish, being small and totally incapable of competing with Badidae at feeding time.
Marble hachetfish are loads bigger than the badis, 5cm to their 2cm. These are the fish I'm talking about. Actually, there's a lot of info on that page, sounds like they might be too territorial for my small tank. And fussier eaters than the galaxies!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top