All natural aquarium with homemade aqua soil.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Your right and I understand that, because using an inert substrate with root tabs is the most popular way of growing plants in the entire aquarium hobby. I did this myself for about three years, I used Thrive caps for root tabs, good stuff.

I just wanted to try something different, and believe me I would not do this if after only a couple of years, I would have to use root tabs anyway. But then I started watching Father Fish videos on youtube, which inspired me to try his way of making aquasoil. The old Gentlemen, if I was to guess, has had an aquarium pet store for thirty plus years. In his store he has aquariums that have been up and running for years with his aquasoil and he never has to use root tabs.

One thing is that buying pre made big brand aquasiol is very expensive for just one tank like mine. For about the price and buying all the stuff to make my own, I have enough to use in three 55g tanks. So it is much cheaper to make my own. Besides it is also enriching learning experience, and fun to do.
That's awesome! I did enjoy dirting a tank it was fun and the way you are doing yours sounds quite extensive, if I ever get the hankering to do a dirt tank again maybe I'll hit you up and ask some ?s

That's awesome! I did enjoy dirting a tank it was fun and the way you are doing yours sounds quite extensive, if I ever get the hankering to do a dirt tank again maybe I'll hit you up and ask some ?s
No problem, my dirted tank has only been up for four months now so only time will tell if it works out as I hope.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back