All Inverts

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
ive made a final decission a royal urchin (aka tuxedo) an emerald pom pom and strawberry crab 1 each abot 5-7 hermit crabs and 5-7 snails

oh and a dwarf feather duster and a small enough clam (not a scallop)

i wouldnt get the strawberry crab, as they could easily kill everything else
crazy.gif

Your LFS will say pretty much anything to make a sale. :)

I'm going to be honest that a quick look over this thread gives me the impression that this process is being rushed with not enough reading/research on the animals prior to seeking forum advice on whether they can go in a tank. The advice on this forum is top-notch, particularly compared to many other forums, but there is no substitute for extensive hours of reading. While it's tempting to gravitate to animals that are simply cool-looking, you should really be looking for animals that are well-documented and animals with good captive records. If you can't read a lot about successful cases of keeping the animals, avoid them. Staghorn hermits should frankly be left to experienced aquarists or experimental tanks, as they are poorly documented animals and may pose numerous compatibility issues due to both their behavior (unknown to me) and the animals covering their shells. Stars fall into the expert-only category that really means that most don't belong in an aquarium at all due to their needs. Please go slowly if this is your first marine setup and, if you haven't already, plan on building up a small library of books as part of your preparation process.

ive made a final decission a royal urchin (aka tuxedo) an emerald pom pom and strawberry crab 1 each abot 5-7 hermit crabs and 5-7 snails

oh and a dwarf feather duster and a small enough clam (not a scallop)

Fishy's recommendation against the strawberry crab seconded, I also hope you're not planning to put these in the tank straight away. Hermits and snails are ok into recently cycled tanks, but urchins need an established setup to maximize the chance of success. Echinoderms in general are risky at best in new tanks, since they risk starvation and death from parameter swings as the tank matures.

Thank you for your feedback ive been trying to find more info but Im not finding enough also I'm not one of the people that want it because it looks cool (though I do that) but I also make sure I have the time and money to properly take care of the animal

what about a blue porcelain crab i read they were less aggressive and smaller in size than the anemone porcelain

i decided to drop the clam urchin and duster

this isnt really related to inverts but is the flame or coral beauty angel easier to keep i read the flame is easier hardier but is also more aggressive and grows larger

Most reactions

trending

Back