all guppies dead

jive

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
ok, all 4 of my guppies have died in the last two weeks. all the other fish are fine. any body know why there dying on me? another question ive had brown algea all over my plants and have been trying to get rid of it for a while with frequent water changes and i bought 5 ottos. and it doesnt even look to be goin away. should i just get rid of the plants and start new, or does any one have any advice on how to get rid of it other what ive already read in this forum? please help.
thanks

How big is the tank. Usually ottos will make pretty quick work of brown algae. Other methods are manual removal...scrape it from glass and ornaments and for plants carefully place leaves between fingers and slide your fingers along the leaf. Then vac the tank. HTH :)

my tank is 55gal. and ive scraped the tank alot. as for removing the algea from the leaves. the leaves that have the algea look like there dying already. my guppies didnt have any signs before they died. they looked fine, some ive had for a while others i just bought, two i had and two i just bought. they looked ok when i went to bed, i get up turn on the lights ones dead. thats how it was for all of them. i have other fish, like some neons, a bala shark, ranbow shark, couple adf, two clown loaches, a white cloud. ottos, catfish. umm..two cory cats., a giant flying fox. they didnt have any signs of being eatin or even bitten, exept for this mornings, guppie. she looked like someone was nibbling on her. i have little guppie baby that i think i got when i bout the two new ones that died already, and its fine so far. thanks for reply.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back