Algaefix Poisning

I would love to be able to use tap water in my tank, but it's ridden with nitrate... I've got an ever growing stack of water bottles in the corner of my living room haha

Ridden with nitrate eh...I wonder if it would be worthwhile you using one of the treatments for nitrate removal.

Use tapwater for water changes to get the fresh water in, and simply pop a "nitrate removal pillow thing" in your filter.

Thank you saz326 I do enjoy using the distilled water since I have a realitivly small tank. I appriciate the knowledge about minerals to add a soon as i get paid im going to invest in some products for that. Do you have any Ideas about what products I should use and I also would like to figure out the root of my algae problems any Ideas? I will post a pic soon

I used RO water at one time for mall of my tanks. At that time I didn't know any better. One thing I did learn was that products are made to add to pure water to make it high enough in minerals for fish. An example of such a product is called RO Right. It comes with a little table that tells how much to add for different kinds of fish to get enough minerals for the fish's health. Once I figured out what I have for water, I stopped using the RO right and started mixing my tap water with RO for the fish that need very low mineral content and I use straight tap water for other fish. Water is different everywhere so it comes down to knowing what you have and what your fish need. I always find it best to get fish that are OK in my tap water but sometimes I just can't resist the more sensitive fish.

Most reactions

Back