Algae

lilacamy931

Starting again
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
3,475
Reaction score
2
Points
0
Location
Bournemouth, UK
So I seem to have algae in my tank, it has been up and running for...4/5 months. There is a link floating around that tells you the types and what to do but need advice. I definately have the hair algae on the glass and also the brown algae on plants and objects in the tank. I do not have CO2 running (and dont want to as sensitive fish and really dont want to!) Got Seachem Flourish something today which heard is good to combat these problems.

So.. scrub as much as can over the weekend, plants and glass and then keep dosing with this product? Any advice tips please help ;) (p,s, let me know if need anymore stats. ammonia, nitrites 0, PH 8 havent checked nitrates yet, water changes once a week) Not near windows, internal light on all day whilst at work.
 
the link is in my sig, also sensitivity of fish makes no difference to CO2 injection, 30ppm is designes as a safe limit for fish, but enough for plants.

How long is the light on?
How long has the tank been setup?
 
Tank about 4-5 months (need to go check diary may be a little longer, believe it is probably new tank syndrome). The light goes on at 8am in morns and about 7:30pm at night.
 
New tank syndrome?? I dont know most of the things you talk about when cycling etc, lol :blush:

I would certainley cut the lighting to 8hrs though.
 
do a water change, use a algae scrapper magnet and/or a handle algae sponge, use easy balance
and the tank should have no algae
 
me getting confuddled (again ;) ) think I am way too tired and read too much. Right battle shall commence tomorrow! Thank you all for helping me :)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top