Algae

Nick16

Fish Aficionado
Joined
Jul 31, 2008
Messages
3,184
Reaction score
2
Points
0
Location
Surrey
i know you can make it by putting a flat stone in some water in a plastic bottle but how much water does it have to be in and do you get water from the tank or tap water? how long does it have to be left in the sun?
 
I'd use tank water following a water change but I don't think it makes a lot of difference. Reason I say tank water is I know algae grows in that, and can't say I know about tap water.
 
Works with either, in a bowl, covered with enough water to completely submerge, leave in sun for a couple weeks :good: Sun - ha if we ever get any again that is :)
 
After todays weather? I was working, driving about all over and roasted! Lovely weather. Even did my bit for the environment by not using the aircon.
 
i tried it a couple of weeks ago but we didnt get any sun so its a bummer!
 
Just leave it out there, be patient young padawan :)
 
haha, i think we could all do with some sun!!! its just i feed my ottos veggies but i dont think they have ever tasted algae!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top