Algae Wafers

Feather_Sword

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Oct 26, 2008
Messages
82
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
US
I bought some algae wafers for my small Pleco. As he will not grow bigger than 4 or 5 inches, I break up the wafers into very small pieces and turn the tank light off when I feed him. Jack, my Blue Gourami, seems to find the piece and eat it, and I was wondering if this bad for him, or any fish that may find the algae wafer piece.
 
it shouldnt be bad for your fish...this also happens to me, but i leave them whole...that way the pleco can do his thing easier when he finds it...mostly my dojo and clown loaches get at it, but the plec always gets his fair share...
 
every so often all my fish only get algae or spirulina wafers and they really enjoy them
i wouldnt break it up though he will manage it whole as they nibble it
my pygmy corys have a whole one between them i never bother breaking it up
 
Wow!

I am glad that it will not harm the fish, as not only does Jack eat them, but the Mollies will eat them as well.

Which brings me to a new question, how much should I be giving my Pleco when I feed him?
 
depends how big he is and the wafers are - remember he's also eating algae around the tank so one every time you feed the others is best. also i agree with
dcarmor927 leave them whole to allow a more natural feeding.
 
I usually drop a few in the bottom of the tank for the bristlenose at the same time as feeding the other fish flake or bloodworm etc. This was they get a chance to feed before the rest of the fish come down to eat them, my angels especially love the spirituna ones.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top