StatMan
Fish Crazy
Have finished cycling 240L (60Gal) tank. Following the add daily method:
http
/www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=113861
But big problem, as described there is a large amount of algae in the tank I will shortly be doing the 90% water change adding plants and also some bogwood to replace the rocks currently in there. The substrate is a 4mm smooth pea shingle. Both the Glass and the Shingle have a large amount of green and brown algae on them. Cleanng the glass I guess is relatively easy. but how do I sort out the shingle, it has a layer of JBL Plant complete underneath to promote plant growth once in there so I can't easily remove and clean it all.
Should I try and scrape the top level of gravel and clean it or is there a chemical solution to the problem?
More details in this thread:
http
/www.fishforums.net/index.php?showto...p;#entry2286272
StatMan
http
/www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=113861But big problem, as described there is a large amount of algae in the tank I will shortly be doing the 90% water change adding plants and also some bogwood to replace the rocks currently in there. The substrate is a 4mm smooth pea shingle. Both the Glass and the Shingle have a large amount of green and brown algae on them. Cleanng the glass I guess is relatively easy. but how do I sort out the shingle, it has a layer of JBL Plant complete underneath to promote plant growth once in there so I can't easily remove and clean it all.
Should I try and scrape the top level of gravel and clean it or is there a chemical solution to the problem?
More details in this thread:
http
/www.fishforums.net/index.php?showto...p;#entry2286272StatMan







