Alcove Tank Project

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Traffik

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hi there fish people!
I currently have a nice Regency 190l tank in my living room but would very much like to swap this tank for one that would fit in one of my alcoves.
I am looking to build a frame in the alcove using 70mm batons screwed to brick walls with the additions of 4 legs so it will be nice and sturdy.
However, my alcove is only 25cm deep and I was hoping to get a tank that was 40mm deep. This would therefore protrude out of the alcove by 15cm. The problem with this is the positioning of my sofa up against this alcove. The 4 legs of the frame have to be flush with the alcove, the cannot protrude beyond, unlike the shelf for the tank. This would of course mean that the tank, on the shelf, would protrude from the alcove by 15cm and would be unsupported. The tank I was looking to get is 240l so its going to be quite heavy when filled. Is this going to be a problem or should I go with a shallower tank of say 30cm instead?

Thanks

Nat

hi nat I would go with the smaller tank .better to be safe than sorry with a good strong base.

Most reactions

trending

Back