albino grass carp sexing

Paul_MTS

MAD
Reaction score
yep yet another sexing topic!!

we would like to get a mate for him/her but don't know what sex to ask for!!.

I can get pics if you tell me the positions?

any ideas on sexing them.

i take it would be the same for normal grass carps aswell??? and what age/size wil they be mature at?

cheers

It is quite hard to sex these fish, but I have never kept them as far as I know males are usually slimmer than the rounder females. Why do you want to know anyway? You would need 20,000+ gallons to hold them and to breed them 50,000+ gallons.

as you probable know from other posts I have 1 albino grass carp in our top pond (with the koi in) and 2 grass carp in the bottom pond( with goldfish)

hmmmm guess they won't like the breeding ground we have at the moment of bout 150G's

I'm aware of how big grass carp get and thankfully it was mums idea to get them to help with blanketweed which is non-excistence now.

hopefully they'll all grow big then we can acomodate them in about a 2kG's pond. our LFS has a fully grown or almost fully grown albino grass carp in it's "deformed" personal tank!! I reakon thats arounda 1kg pond with several other large fish. like a few koi and fully grown orfe and rudd and some pretty large tench.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back