Albino cory cats, eggs, eggs, and more eggs

Fishiemommie

Reaction score
20240414_160456.jpg

So, these are the latest eggs my albino Cory's have so lovingly spread across the front of my 60 tall tank. Here is the wonderful mom being photo bombed by one of my rams.
20240414_160506.jpg
There are two more spots that she has graced her eggs, both about half of the amount in the picture. Does anyone else get these presents once a week?

In the first picture there appears to be small white lines near the eggs. Are these moving? If yes, they are either detritus worms or planaria. Planaria eat fish eggs. Detritus worms normally live in the substrate and only come out and swarm on the glass if the gravel is dirty or the water isn't good. The easiest way to fix detritus worms is by doing a huge (75-80%) water change and gravel cleaning the substrate. Cleaning the filter usually helps too.

Thank you for the info. What appears to be small white lines are actually the bubbles and debris moving from the filter that is directly behind the eggs. I did a 75% water change and gravel cleaning 3 weeks ago, I have had at least 2 to 3 fry from each batch my Cory's laid, and for the last year it has been one batch a week, I have more than one pair of cory's that love to lay eggs. I am not trying to bread them, they do this on their own and I leave them alone. I am just amazed that they lay that many eggs as often as they do. Especially when the temp in the tank is not set for them breed, it is set for my rams to breed to which is about 6 to 8 degrees higher than what the cory's are said to breed in.

Most reactions

trending

Back