albino bristlenose question

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Alice B

Fish Herder
Reaction score
My male albino bristlenose is probably close to 10 years old and the other day he started to look brown. I put the missus in and a cave but he's not doing his normal hangout by the cave behavior. What is their nomal lifespan?

My male albino bristlenose is probably close to 10 years old and the other day he started to look brown. I put the missus in and a cave but he's not doing his normal hangout by the cave behavior. What is their nomal lifespan?
Its said they can live upto around 12 years in captivity with proper care which looks like your providing for yours 🙂

20231120_153358.jpg

Attachments

• 20231120_153405.jpg
    20231120_153405.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 9
he isn't brown today, but he is a little different color than she is. Thank you. he seems happy.

That is remarkably good fishkeeping. Albino fish are a little more delicate than ones with regular pigment, and more can go wrong on their journey through aquarium life. We don't put enough emphasis on giving respect to keepers whose fish live long lives. We tend to be novelty and turnover oriented in the hobby, and many people see long lifespans as an inconvenience.
I like seeing older fish still looking good!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back