Air stone and C02 REACTOR

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

romiko

Reaction score
Hi,

I understand, that water can hold both C02 and 02, and they do not effect each others conecentration, therefore is it ok to have an air stone with the reactor, I just want to ensure there is both c02 and 02 in the tank, my c02 is around 25ppm which is ok, since my ph is 7.2 and kh 9.

Thanks

>>> water can hold both C02 and 02, and they do not effect each others conecentration

Correct as far as it goes...

>>> is it ok to have an air stone

CO2 comes out of solution very easily. Generally the agitation caused by air stones will drive the CO2 out before the plants can use it. That is why most serious planted tank keepers do not use air stones, or have spray bars etc., disturbing the water surface too much.

It is not the O2 concentration that drives down CO2 but the delivery method.

If you need an air stone, you are probably overstocked.

Ah ok,

Well, my fish show no signs of 02 exhaustion, I have turned off the stone.

I have an Intrnal filter which agitates the water very slightly, this should help add to oxygenating the water, else I was thinking of maybe building an 02 Reactor, what you think ?

Unless you are overstocked, there is sufficient gas exchange at the surface to keep the water O2 level up. The internal filter will move the water around quite adequately - indeed, you may want to try to angle the water outlet downwards to keep the surface agitation down. I have my filter returns pointng down the glass.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back