If you have water movement at the water's surface with your spray bar then no you don't NEED an air pump/stone for gas transference. It is only the bubbles breaking the surface tension that aids the transfer of gases by increasing the surface area so if your spray bar is doing this then job already done
Mind you if you like it then there is no harm in having one.....
I have one in my Tanganyika Cichlid set up because I like the bubbling sound through the rocks and the fish seem to enjoy it. I have it on the same timer as the lights so it is at rest during the night.
*edit* If you are using an air pump then you MUST either have a non return valve in the pipe or a loop in the pipe that goes well higher than the water surface to prevent water siphoning back down to the pump when it is off which will damage it or worst still could drain your tank over night