Air pumps - opinions

Aquarium heaters should have the thermostat slightly higher than the heating coil. That is why people have them on an angle. If the thermostat is lower than the heating coil, they can sometimes malfunction. At least this was with heaters back in the day. Modern aquarium heaters might not have this issue.

I purchased my pump today and I’m going to keep it inside the cupboard under the fish tank to minimise on noise. It came with the tubes and also 2 valves to stop water flowing back in. However one of the valves doesn’t work is this a common thing

IMO… a safety device… never bet your life on any safety device… I always expect it to fail, so I never put myself in a position that there would be an accident, if it did fail

I purchased my pump today and I’m going to keep it inside the cupboard under the fish tank to minimise on noise. It came with the tubes and also 2 valves to stop water flowing back in. However one of the valves doesn’t work is this a common thing
Are you sure they are both one-way valves?
Could you post a close-up picture of the valves?

Therese two the same one works and one doesn’t
The one that doesn't work doesn't blow air into the tank, is that correct?
If so, take a look closely at the valve, there should be markings "in" and "out". The IN is to be connected to the pump the OUT to the air stone.

The pump has two outlets that both blow out air.

I attached the airdromes to the hose and tested it in the water.

It came with two valves, which you have to cut the hose and place in the middle.

One works one doesn’t, I can’t even blow through it. It’s as if it’s sealed/jammed/glued

The plastic ones can be gummed up. The holes haven't been cut through properly. I also found that some types sealed themselves shut after a while - the plastic turned stringy-stretchy like the cheese on top of a pizza. I must have thrown mine away when I stopped using the pump as I can't find them, and I can't remember what they were.

The plastic ones can be gummed up. The holes haven't been cut through properly. I also found that some types sealed themselves shut after a while - the plastic turned stringy-stretchy like the cheese on top of a pizza. I must have thrown mine away when I stopped using the pump as I can't find them, and I can't remember what they were.
It’s brand new so never been used.
I found then them on eBay for like a couple of quid but these are the exact ones

Attachments

• FC3BE591-0E31-4603-A954-29618AC4A65D.png
    FC3BE591-0E31-4603-A954-29618AC4A65D.png
    237.5 KB · Views: 17

Most reactions

Back