What's new

Air Pumps Of Today

Dubbull

Reaction score
looking for a new pump for a new tank im planning. my original pump is still going strong so i will keep that in my original tank.
theres loads of pumps out there now .... wow. where do i start looking?
tank is 130ltrs and is tropical.
can anyone suggest a good, powerful and very very quiet air pump? budget of £40 (i can move both ways but always good to have a budget ;-) )

nmonks

A stroke of the brush does not guarantee art from
Reaction score
The Eheim ones are not expensive at all and work very well. They come with some nice features like multiple air outlets (except for the smallest one) and a dial for setting pump output. These air pumps can be used sitting on a tabletop but also include a sort of hook for hanging them on the side of the tank.

Cheers, Neale

nikkifro8994

Reaction score
I use tetra whisper. They are designed to be quiet. The larger ones have 2 outlets.

Mikey1

Moved On
Reaction score
the answer depends on what you are trying to power

OP
D

Dubbull

Reaction score
after looking around i went for the interpet AV3 with 2 outputs. super super quiet and powerful.
it says on the box it is designed to suit most decors........ its bright blue hahaha luckily its in the cupboard!
i have had a tetra whisper pump before they are also very good, quiet, powerful and a mad shape. they are on the higher side of price compared with others.
unfortunately no one stocked any Eheim products in the lfs around me so i was not able to look at them.

i paid £30 for the AV3 and i think the price for the AV4 was £37 but it was huge and too powerful

Livewire88

Team TetraTEC
Reaction score
Well count yourself lucky that you couldn't find any Eheim air pumps!

I have had 3 of the smallest pumps they do (Eheim 3701) and Believe me they are not quiet.