Air Pump Question

flippajh

Fish Crazy
Joined
Aug 10, 2008
Messages
211
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Wimborne, Dorset
Wonder if you can advise, will not having an air pump affect the fish/water?

I've had one running on this tank (Aqua One Regency 80) with external filter, as it came with one, obviously there is not much water movement with the external filter, I have the outlet tube running vertically down the left hand side of the tank. I've turned the air pump off and I like the look of the tank without it, but if it should really have one, then I'll turn it back on!

With my other 65 litre tank I have an internal filter set near to the top and this provides fairly good water movement.

Do you have to have the water movement or is it ok to not bother with an air pump.

Thanks
 
I have the outlet tube running vertically down the left hand side of the tank.


?


The intake stem should be running vertically down the inside of the tank, the outlet should either be a duck bill or spray bar mounted at surface level as below (a spray bar in this case):


Intake Stem & Strainer
IMG_3223.jpg




Spray Bar Outlet - notice the surface agitation
IMG_3222.jpg



In any case, you should not need the air pump unless you have air powered ornaments.
 
You can just see the outlet tube running down the left hand side of the tank.
IMG_0197.jpg


When I inherited the tank this was how he had it set up so I just left it like that.

So it should be along the water level running horizontally? Should it be under the water or just out?

Thanks
 
hiya, i never noticed the tube running down the depth of tank :blink:
best thing is to run it at the rear across the top as this algitates water and is fine, if you have turned off bubble pump, ensure you have removed the piping thus not having water drain out of the tank... :good: its looking good
 
Thanks for that Neil, will do now, I think it has one of those non-return valves in it any way, but will dismantle air pipe and then move the outlet tube to the top of the water!

How are your babies?

Philippa
 
Smegforbrains, whats that light blue pipe running alongside the intake tube?

Jake
 

Most reactions

Back
Top