After Two Years Out Of The Hobby - I'm Back!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Liam50

Fish Herder
Reaction score
After selling both my 215l and rio 400l and saying goodbye to my south american cichlid collection i am pleased to say i have a fish tank again. although only 10% of the size of my rio i can see some potential especially with the nice pieces of bogwood and minimalist finish. I'm going to go for a school of rummy nose tetra, pair of bolivian rams and some sort of dwarf plec or possibly a group of corys - haven't made my mind up yet.

i'm going to use a generic 50watt heater but i'm trying out the eden 501 external filter as i would never really use internal filtration ever again.

the lighting is interpet's life support LED light unit. not suppose to be particularly good for plant growth but i'm not going for a heavily planted tank, just the odd bit of moss and amazon sword etc.

do you guys think cherry shrimp would be ok with the bolivian rams?

also i think i'm going to go for black sand, but i may change my mind and use white sand, aain i haven't made my mind up.

finally,  i've only filled it today so will be doing the cycle for the next few weeks; probably stock it after my egyptian scuba trip!
photo 2.JPGphoto.JPGphoto 1.JPG

Welcome back to the hobby, Liam :)

What are the dimensions of your tank, and is your water hard or soft?

Oh Liam. Just the person I wanna talk to. Been down 2yrs myself after ten yrs of African Mnumbas from Lake Malawai. Tired of natural rock only tank. Don't wanna interupt your questions but I'm going South American cichlid tank. Starting with firemouths. 125gal (750l?, no conversion table American here. Ha), hard water with 7.5ph. Any suggestions from anyone would be greatly appreciated. Hope I'm using this forum ok. Not used to them and don't wanna step on toes. Just saw the two years down topic and described me perfectly. Thanks.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back