Afroturfs 25g Tank

I've got a pic update for those who wanted it, and cheers for all the nice comments over whats been a difficult time. I took nearly 60 photos and this is the best image I got

The camera seemed unable to take any decent full tank shots, I'll spend some more time soon and try and post some better pics.

I've re-planted the foreground with new HC some Glosso and some Eleocharis parvula, and added a new rock just to the side of the large rock on the left. I ripped the original out as it was overgrown with some form of algae (looked like staghorn) which Excel didn't touch, I put a clump in a glass with one capful of excel and about 300ml of water and it took 4 days to kill the algae. I'm still waiting for the rotala to plant in the two corners.

If the old algae comes back or I encounter any more major setbacks I think I will ditch this scape and go for something more simple and natural, more what I now find I like. As I’ve only spent about 4 months being into serious aquascapes I don’t think this current tank is ‘my style’ I’m getting a new tank in a week or two which will be more my style... I hope.

mlawson, the two types of corys I have I both absolutely love but I have to say that I think I prefer the habrosus because they have a little bit more interesting pattern to the skin. In terms of their movement both are extremely active and social and are regularly seen swimming in the middle level of the tank where the like attempting to shoal with any other fish that comes their path, my habrosus do seem to enjoy swimming around in pairs to for some reason. The pygmaeus does spend a little more time relaxing on the substrate compared to habrosus. So if I had to pick one I’d go for habrosus but a mix of all three would look great and they’d enjoy each others company to.

Tanks looking good. I love the rocks.

mlawson, the two types of corys I have I both absolutely love but I have to say that I think I prefer the habrosus because they have a little bit more interesting pattern to the skin. In terms of their movement both are extremely active and social and are regularly seen swimming in the middle level of the tank where the like attempting to shoal with any other fish that comes their path, my habrosus do seem to enjoy swimming around in pairs to for some reason. The pygmaeus does spend a little more time relaxing on the substrate compared to habrosus. So if I had to pick one I’d go for habrosus but a mix of all three would look great and they’d enjoy each others company to.

I think I'll keep Habrosus then. To be honest I prefered them at the start.

Cheers,
Mike

Most reactions

Back