African Dwarf Frogs

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

RebelShawn

Reaction score
I bought my african dwarf frogs a little while ago and I am a little unsure on what to feed them. I mean my girlfriend has some but she doesnt feed them at all so I can only wonder how they are still alive. I read some articles with bloodworms, and brine shrimp but I am just looking for other opinions. Please respond to my question and help me out. Any advice will be great !

[email protected]

I feed them frozen mosquito larvae and occasionally freeze-dried tubifex worms. The mosquito larvae are the best though IMO.

most to all frozen foods probally will eat flakes but it's not the best we feed freeze-driede and frozen blood worms and flakes, i think they eat the white cloudseggs because they are fat, and we on;y had two fry ever which diasapeared

hey,

just a few questions about african dwarf frogs

1. what size tank they need.

2. do they need filter/ heater.

3. are they easy to keep.

4. how big do they get.

5. how often do u feed them.

6. will they go with other african dwarf frogs or other fish

7. do they need the water right like fish eg. pH ect.

i've read that it is not a good first amphibian. is this true if so what others are there that are easier to keep

thx

1: 1 gallon
2: Not if the room is temperate (about 24C/75F)
3: Yes if you take the basic rules of fish keeping and maintaint their water
4: Not more than 2"
5: Every other day
6: No and no
7: Yes though they're not too picky on it, it should be in the middle area, mostly neutral with no chorline/chloramine, etc.

kell said:
5. how often do u feed them.

6. will they go with other african dwarf frogs or other fish
I keep mine in my 5g tank with a few neon tetras,a fancy guppy and a couple of ghost shrimp.I feed him when I feed the others.I worried at first that he might not get enough food because he doesn't dart around at feeding time like fish do and his tankmates love the frog food.But he seems to be getting by well enough.

Koda

For a Clawed frog, that is fine. An ADF couldn't eat a ghost shrimp or fish unless it was very tiny or a fry.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back