African Dwarf Frogs In Glasgow

Evil_Joe

Reaction score
Hi everyone, my first post so be gentle please.

I am in the process of cycling my tank and after a fair few hours of research have decided I would like to add an African Dwarf Frog, or two, into my setup once the cycling process is over. Can anybody inform me of a shop in or around Glasgow which sells them? The Neon Gecko is fairly close to me but I don't know if they have them. I have read about the dangers of confusing them with an African Clawed Frog, by the way. :)

To add some info about my setup, in case you're interested, I have a 30L tank with 3 yellow tailed guppies and 3 black apple snails. Not sure if black apple is the proper name for them but that's what I was told. I have since read people advising to cycle with a fishless setup but that's not what my initial research indicated and it's too late to go back. :p

Hello sorry I am not very familiar with gallon to L conversion but how tall is the aquarium? Frogs can be a good adition to a set up if you are prepared and it is a good situation for it. Frogs have to swim up to the surface to breathe every 10 mins or so, if they have to swim more than 2 feet up it is considered not an ideal place for them. Note however that if you heavily plant it they may sit on the plants thus reducing the distance to the surface. Also with community tanks it can be VERY difficult to feed them as fish will eat the food as it sinks. In your current set up with only three guppies it wont be a problem but account for it later on. Also local petsmart, petco, or any of those large stores will generally get them in I know they are always in stores here. In small stores that take trade ins you could see if anyone traded them in, I know in a store around here someone traded in one of those "frog-o-spheres" from brookstone however long ago and we rescued those frogs from their 3"x3" prison lol

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back