African Dwarf Frog

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

munozam

Reaction score
Iā€™m very new to this but just recently adopted an ADF & he has a big white spot on his back. Should I be worried? He hangs out around the tank sometimes at the top of the water & sometimes at the bottom. Heā€™s always stayed very still since I got him. Just want to make sure heā€™s not unhealthy or anything.

Attachments

• C3A46D1F-6E8A-4912-A4FA-D5939CA748EB.jpeg
    C3A46D1F-6E8A-4912-A4FA-D5939CA748EB.jpeg
    313.7 KB · Views: 313
Also, the water looks murky like that but I just set the tank up yesterday! Was told that it is normal for a tank to be a little cloudy the first few days & then settle.

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

The white patch could be from a fungal or bacterial infection, or it could be damage from being moved.

Most fish medications kill frogs so I would leave it and monitor the area over the next 2 weeks.

Try to keep the water clean and feed the frog a variety of foods. Do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate every day for the next few weeks, possibly longer. You will need to keep doing daily water changes until the filter has established, this will take about 4-6 weeks.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it is added to the tank.

The following link has some info on frogs.
http://www.fishforums.net/threads/african-dwarf-frogs.234165/

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back