African Dwarf Frog Bloated

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

furry catfish

Fishaholic
Reaction score
My little frog is bloated!!! :blink: I think it is bloat but I'm not certain could someone comfirm?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/45496670@N02/4179762416/in/photostream/
look through the pictures,except the last 2 those are of my tank for a different website

Hi
I am so sorry, but it DOES look like dropsy/bloat....:no:
the pictures are a bit fuzzy but it is a very common occurence in ADFs...I lost quite a few this way over the years...

also, it is contagious, so remove the sick frog from a tank with other ADFs. Most often it is fatal, but if you keep him in his own little tank with EXCEPTIONAL water quality there IS a chance he can recover....

Its about a 25/75 success rate but if you have the space and tank for him to live by him self for a bit I would try it.
Keep shallow water....no more than 1.5 to 2 inches....they can develop swimming problems and you dont want to stress him out or have him drown

very tiny feedings....and hope....

also....(almost forgot!) Maroxy (spelling?) is a medicine that may help cure your frog, and you should give a minor dose to the main tank to help prevent other ADFs from becoming ill.

Maroxy helps cure bloat, dropsy, fungal AND bacterial infections of ADFs and ACFs (miracle solution anyone?)

Ok thanks jenste,I have seperated the sick frog and have done what you have said ,I am doing daily 30% water changes.I have looked for maroxy but I can't find it.

thanks

chris

try looking on Ebay....if he is going to die it won't be long....its one of those kind of situations....I would say that if he lives the next 3 days then he has a really good shot...

keep me posted!

He is still alive and the swellling has gone down very little but stilll noicbly :D I have hope for his chances

awww congrats!!!!!!!!!!! that is a very good sign!!! I will keep my fingers crossed for the little guy!!!

well I woke up this morning and the little fella was dead :no: but thanks anyway

Aw I am so sorry :( I really hoped he was going to pull through. how many do you have left? are the others looking ok?

If the other one gets dropsy it's will be very
hard to cure but I reccomend quarintining it
and feeding it every other day with a tiny amount of
bloodworms with some crushed peas
this has worked a couple of times for me

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back