advice please

Congrats on the new tank..Geez it's too bad you can't keep all three. Sounds like you have a plan brewing in the set up process :D Don't forget to keep us up to date on your progress and lots of pics.

Good Luck with the lime deposits as tanked said it's pretty much you becoming one with the razor blade...

Gadazobe - Are you planning to get a bigger tank in the future? Sounds like you are expanding and I was wondering if you were someday going buy a bigger tank or a bunch of smaller ones? :unsure:

Impur- I have never considered that fish can be sexy. Cute, yes, colorful, yes, interesting, yes, but sexy? Hmm...... :lol: :lol:

Tanked said:
now on to the dragon goby. I could be wrong (some one please correct "chastise" me if I am) but I think that they have different water condition needs. My LFS sells dragon goby's as brackish water fish.
There are two species of goby seen in fs that are called "dragon gobies" both of which look very similar.
The most commonly seen species is Gobioides broussonnetii also known as the Violet goby which does as you say preffer a brackish habitat but can be acclimiated to FW,this however is not recomended for any brackish fish.
Then there is Gobioides peruanus also known as the Peruvian goby,this fish is found in both brackish and freshwater habitats and in the wild and adult fish can be found far up inland rivers,it is believed this fish only enters brackish water to spawn.
The differences in these fish are small,G.peruanus gets a little larger has larger exterior teeth,smaller eyes and does not have the attractive striped pattern along its back that G.broussennetii has.
I have G.peruanus which we bought as a "dragon goby" (well ok its not my fish as it lives in my mrs's tank) and have kept this fish in FW for 3 years in which time it has grown to around 10" and has had no problems.

Most reactions

Back