2 danios
1 red finned shark
numerous sailfin mollies including lots of fry that I'm trying to get rid of
1 female dwarf gourami
1 platty

What do I do? Please advise

Had it been mine, id have a couple of dirty great Green Terrors :D

Hi gadazobe

Um, choices choices? Wild discus and altum angels. A few L numbers and cory's and some larger tetras.

Well thats a deep tank so lighting will be a problem if you want to plant it. :crazy:
I would go for the Cichlid Tank. :D Lots of caves! ;)

it's not an option to have it as well as my other two :no: :( so I have to make a choice and I thought with the amount of fish in the community and the size they'll get to, I better make the new one a community tank

Cichlids all day baby!!!!!!!

How big are your syno cats? And do they get along ok? I have 1 in a 10 gal at the moment and i never see him. It is definately a sexy cat, i love the coloring. :nod: :shifty:

gadazobe said:
it's not an option to have it as well as my other two :no: :( so I have to make a choice and I thought with the amount of fish in the community and the size they'll get to, I better make the new one a community tank
sory to hear you can't have all 3. Based on what you said about what is in the community and the size they will get too that sounds like your best bet.

Right, got the tank home and am now cleaning it :( It's hard work and I don't know what to use to take the limescale off of it. The actual measurements are 60 x 14 x 18 high . It looks huge but when I checked on the volume calculator the difference between the ones I have and this are about 10 gallons only. I think I'm going to put the cichlids in there coz at the moment they're quite overcrowded and haven't much room to swim around in. At least in this one they're be able to "excerise" a bit more and as the featherfins are already about 7" long and not far short from that wide think they deserve more room. I was wondering if I can put my 8" plec in with them and move the small bristlenose to the community, also does anyone know if I can put the gobi dragons in with cichlids?

congrats on the tank. as for cleaning, try some bleach and a RAZOR BLADE. it is aggonizing work to remove lime deposits.

now on to the dragon goby. I could be wrong (some one please correct "chastise" me if I am) but I think that they have different water condition needs. My LFS sells dragon goby's as brackish water fish. THIS SITE has info on their requirements

Most reactions

Back