advice on plants

kaley822

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hi i am thinking of switching from fake plants to real plants but i dont know anything about growing plants. What are easy types to grow, do i need a different type of lightbulb, if they die will it kill the fish, do i need a specific type of substrate?

i put another post like this in the general section by accident, i dont know how to delete it. :huh:

thanks,

kaley

it would be much easier if we know how much light and what type your looking at. everthing else revolves around lights.

lots of light ( 3+ watts per Gallon ) your looking at hight growth but need CO2, more special substrate, and much more

normal lights ( 1.5 - 2 watts per gallon ) you could have nice growth in normal gravel (1-2mm) and fertilizer, but you just be replacing that plastic plants, not creating a under water garden.

low lights ( 1-1.5 w/g ) your looking at special plant that can cope with these conditions, like Java Fern, Java Moss, etc most if these plant doesnt even need to planted and you could have peddles or no gravel in the tank.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back