Adrinal's FW Tanks

fish_r_great said:
I luv your pics. Your Labs really get along with everyone? I have one in my cichlid tank and hes the nicest of them all.
the labs always get toasted in a full cichlid tank IME.

I haven't ever mixed cichlids with anything but rainbows. Even the more agressive cichlids give up on rainbows eventually because they are just too dang fast for them. (We are talking the 5-6" cichlids here since I have never kept larger since I was sold an Oscar as my first fish way back :( ).

I am interested in filling the tank... but only a little bit.

I am at
1 Electric Yellow AKA lab
1 mutt Electric Yellow and hmm Electric blue? first page of this post.
4 Boeseami Rainbow (Melanotaenia boesemani)(TY ID FanOFish)
1 Dwarf Neon (Melanotaenia praecox)(TY ID FanOFish)
1 Regal Rainbow (Melanotaenia trifasciata)(TY ID kmurph)
1 bugger nose pleco

... I am watching the regal do the oogly woogly ATM with one of the Boeseamis..
No way I am giving child support this time.. hope they know that..

OK what was I saying... right... any suggestions?

I would be ok with up to 2 more cichlids or perhaps aim more community?
I am interested in these loaches everyone raves about...
would love a hand full of khulis... but I doubt even the passive Electric Yellow could pass up nipping on such a soft treat...

Don't be fooled by the green tint of the rocks there is NO algae on the glass and the rocks are mowed down to a green tint that bugger nose does his job (and I have never fed him in 2 years :) ). So anything that relys on live algea is out.

Thanks for any tips (oh I am in no rush at all so if this post is a month old by the time you see it... I doubt I will have gotten any fish.

Mind you... if I can find any more GOOD looking rainbows I will simply have to get them, and all other bets are off... though I doubt that will happen.

sunbot said:
m8 how is your tank so good looking?
1) Over filter... but only biological, never used a chemical once, no charcoal, just wet dry (eheim 2229).
2) understocking, Thats why I got rid of the fry before they got too big :(
I have about 27" of fish in there now. In the unlikely event they were all to become monster fish with no deaths they might = 39" I would take 2 more 4-5" cichlids, or 10-15" of some less passive fish....
3) :*) perhaps a little bit of esthetic sense?
4) Only use natural looking stuff (even though it is all plastic, and silk).
5) MOST IMPORTIANT, CANNON D30 (waits for FM to stop drooling)

:flex:

TY Frank
The rainbows are beautiful and awsome durring feeding time (though I always come away wet) They feed like trout snapping flys on the surface on the water, where as the cichlids are more like bass).
Still, the are boring characters most of the time.
Infact, the tank needs a little more spice. I thought I would try something different for a change and perhaps a few of these loaches everyone is talking about?

Cichlid, loach, rainbow...

alas I don't have the time to research more fish ATM. I am working overtime on my Salt Water project ;p

Perhaps more suggestions for a few more tank mates would give me the initiative to get back on the FW tank.

hint hint :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

• Chad
    Reef Tank, Crustacean, and Puffer Enthusiast

Members online

Back