Adrinal's FW Tanks

I asume you mean the cord that is between the spray bar and the heater in the first picture. That cord runs to the dial for the heater (its a thermometer), which hangs on the wall. I highly recomend the titanium type heaters and will never go back to glass!!!! shock zap shock... my hand still hurts thinking about all the times I have been shocked by a broken heater (course they do make them better now) and there is that one time I burned the carpet when I forgot to unplug the glass heater... dont think the titanium could do that. :crazy:

Well, the switch of spots is done and though the SW project has a long way to go The FW project is almost done (just needs a back drop is all).

I had to get the camera to make some pics for a lighting post :)
So, I grabbed a few shots of the FW tank... no flash, but no tripod oh well they will have to do.

I am sure when I get a back drop... going all black... I will take a few more pics done right.

Oh yes... I added another 40 w "aquarium" light I found at Home Depot. (the old fixture from the SW tanks when it was FOWLR). It is a MILLION times better than the regular crud bulb that comes with the tank (hehe not to mention that bulb was 2 years old....)

Attachments

• FW_year2Start01.jpg
    FW_year2Start01.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 77
You've got some fantastic looking fish Adrinal. Really good photos too.

Thanks M8 :)

Interesting developments in the tanks. I gave away all but one of the fry and the Yellow Lab who was for sure a Fem (not sure on the keepers). I am actually hoping for NO MORE FRY!!! I want to sit back and enjoy the tank not have to twiddle with it every seccond (since I have the SW project that will take a lot of twiddling for a long time).

I took the chance to re-aquascape it has really changed the pattern of the fish (not better at all, but interesting to say the least).

I'll get a pic ASAP :)

The big matt of plants is now hanging in the center of the tank from the cross bar. The Largest fish (A rainbow hangs under there and guards it well. The few times he goes off all the other rainbows come to check out the matt... I know that rainbows breed in hanging plants... which is interesting but MUST BE DISCURAGED :) The little cichlid likes to come and see what they are doing.

most of the time however the Yellow hangs in the new rock stuff and the other cichlids in the plants (they have never done that before (but now the plants are on the right where the tank is open on 2 walls (vs in my dyi pvc rock rubble wall).

I really enjoy your tank! Interesting how changing location can change territory and behavior huh? For one of my fish - a yoyo loach - moving things changes his color too! For days..

ALASKA

lol thats rich :)

It sure is bizzar to see a Monster Rainbow fish be the main aggressor (since I am accustome to cichlids taking that job).

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back