Adfs And Betta

lilacamy931

Starting again
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
3,475
Reaction score
2
Points
0
Location
Bournemouth, UK
Some may remember I got my betta and he is in a 10g, I decided wanted some tank mates and went with ADFs introduing them one-two weeks apart. The first one was successful, little flaring nipping but seemed fine. The second we had one tussle but all seemed to be well. I have been off this week and able to watch the tank more closely and mostly it has been fine. I have been spot feeding in the general facinity of the ADFs at night even though my betta never seems to sleep. Yesterday betta was flaring like mad at the house ornament because the frog is in there, naturally his is stubborn and wants, even flaring when ffrog exited through window aand no longer in there.

Today managed to get good look at both the froggies. My first who damaged his foot is podgey like mad! My second though is looking a bit on the skinny side, but after turkey baster time managed to get him to eat two. Whilst watching (before feeding) Calcifer chased injured frog twice and flared constantly and saw a nip, all is settled down now. My concern is the tank has been relatively peaceful up to this point but my betta has become more stubborn in his character and less docile. He has been a little more aggressive in disliking colours and objects where it was never a problem before.

So what do you guys think should I take the said frogs out to a tank on their own? My choices are:

1. Have a 14g with two bettas in two of the three segments, can put in the 3rd segment which would be about 4g. Problem with this is the fitler fluval 2+ is in here, though they will be heated (would be afraid they got under the dividers by burrowing or getting sucked in filter slots.

2. Have a tank measuring 11" by 7" by 7" = 11 litres / 2.5 gallons. I have a visitherm small heater that could go in there. Have spare coral sand though would rather bare bottom and would place their bridge ornaments in there.

3. Have a plastic critter keeper that has snails in but can move around which = oh scrap that little smaller than option two, the water temp which has no heater in it is at 21C.

So what do you reckon guys option one or two? Option two would you add heater and filter? Filter I have not got for the moment anyway and if needed to get wouldnt be for a week, only think I am thinking is they dont like the current much. If someone can give me an idea on how often to change frogs, I am fully willing to do that to ensure water is crystal. Heater, at the store they had the ADFs with goldfish but unsure if this low temp is good for them??? Any help appreciated.
 
my thought is leave them to it, around feeding time most fish change there temperment, will show you what i mean when you guys pop over here next, redtailed black shark goes fricken mental as does the silver sharks
 
just concerned as one very skinny and this was all before feeding time! Calcifer has gorged himself on left others the piglet. Thanks Nelly :) Cant wait to pop over and see ! :hyper:
 
Could you divide 14gall for 2 bettas and keep frogs in the current 10gall, maybe with some more peaceful tankmates? I think you're def. right to remove them. I had 2 in with my betta and they seemed OK at first then he started chewing his tail. I lost both the frogs in unfortunate incidents and now he's stopped chewing. Maybe coincidence, but it doesn't always work out and it sounds like with yours it would've ended in tears eventually.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top