Adf Won't Eat

My mom won't get live foods for my fish all the time -- I've had bad experiences with a gecko. Anyway, she'll get live or frozen this time, but not after. I might be able to convince her otherwise, but are freeze dried bloodworms a good staple?

I would personally go for frozen if you can't get live foods in the long run, frozen is more nutritious plus it doesn't float, so its easier for the frogs to eat. A single tray of frozen bloodworms should last a long time with just a couple of frogs, you can slice a wafer of frozen bloodworms off the tray while its still frozen as the cubes of bloodworms in the tray will probably contain too many for just a couple of frogs- plus the worms will defrost almost instantly once in the warm tank water :good: .

How long do you think it would last with 6 frogs (what I plan on having).

I don't know what brand of frozen bloodworms is available to you where you live, but it should last at least a couple of months if you feed them the exact right amount of food they need and no more or less :thumbs: .

I got frozen bloodworms. They are San Francisco Bay brand. The big one ate, like usual, but the smaller one still didn't. :unsure: I don't know what else to do!

I got frozen bloodworms. They are San Francisco Bay brand. The big one ate, like usual, but the smaller one still didn't. :unsure: I don't know what else to do!

Maybe you could try picking up a bloodworm with some tweesers and wiggling it in front of the non-eating frog like fishboy619 said to make the bloodworm appear alive to the frog?

I don't have tweezers but I've used non-sharp toothpicks also with no luck... :unsure:

Try going to a local pond then and net out some of the critters in the water if there's any, there should be bloodworms and things living in the mud or under rocks :thumbs: .

I can get to a pond this weekend. I'll lower the tank temp and hope he last till sunday. Should I put the things directly into the tank? All I have is a few shrimp some otos and the two frogs.

I can get to a pond this weekend. I'll lower the tank temp and hope he last till sunday. Should I put the things directly into the tank? All I have is a few shrimp some otos and the two frogs.

Should be fine with those sorts of tank mates (most will probably end up in the filter after a while anyway)- just remember to avoid dragonfly larve (and anything that looks similar to it) and leaches etc. If you take pics of what you find, i should be able to ID the critters for you- for now though, here's a site with pics and info on various pond critters and if they are safe with small fish/fry or not;

http://www.fao.org/docrep/X0086E/X0086E03.htm

:thumbs: .

Thank you! If I get a lot I'll probably give some to my community tank too. It'll be their first live food, unless you count platy fry!

Alright, I was watching the tank for about half an hour and about 20mins in the small one cam out. He went up to the top and stayed there for a bit then I saw him just drift down. He landed on his back. I thought he was dead. I put my hand in there and scooped him up and he kicked his little legs a bit but didn't get anywhere and so I brought him to the surface and he stayed there. Then he swam back down and seemed okay. Less than a minute later he tried to swim to the top but he couldn't get through the plants. He's really skinny and he seemed really weak. He got thtough and got halfway to the top before drifting back down again on his back. Is there anything I can do? He's on his back now, I just hope he's not dead. HELP! :unsure:

I don't know what more i can advise except separating him from the other frog- i don't think there are any meds available that will work on frogs. By the sound of it, he propably has something internal going on in him like parasites or a bacterial infection -_- . Do you have any fish meds?

He died. I woke up this morning and he was at the bottom of the tank and a shrimp was eating his leg. I think your right about something inside him, cause the other one is just fine and I couldn't see anything one the outside. Thanks for trying.
RIP Froggy

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back