April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

camakis

Reaction score
Hi! So I recently purchased an african dwarf frog from a large-chain pet store. Aside from his missing arm, which was very inflamed when I got him, he seemed to be alright-- eating well, responsive to stimulus, etc. I've been quarantining him for about a week now before I introduce him to my other ADF, with some antibiotics in the tank to try and give his arm a chance to heal from whatever had happened to it. His missing arm is not inflamed anymore, but he's started developing a really flaky look to his skin. I'm worried it might be a fungal infection (dare I say chytrid?), but to be honest I don't have enough experience with these frogs to know for sure. Is it possible he's reacting poorly to the antibiotics I had in the tank before, or does it look more like a fungal infection? Is there anything I can do that might help? I've attached some pictures. Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• frog1.jpg
    frog1.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 241
  • frog2.jpg
    frog2.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 249
  • frog3.jpg
    frog3.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_7545.jpg
    IMG_7545.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 256
Looks like Fungal Infection.

The signs of a fungal infection typically include small white cottony patches all over the skin, or one white spot that grows larger, a lack of appetite and wrinkly and poor-looking skin that might come off in tatters when ADF sheds.
I dont really know what to do. Never had kept this one myself. Sorry,
Hopefully, everything goes well!
Good luck!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back