adf food

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

veen

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
my 2 adf's do not seem to like the freeze-dried bloodworms i have been feeding them since i got them last week. any suggestions other than live bloodworms? i've heard that they are bad for bettas and i have 2 bettas in my tank with them -- with a divider of course! :D

Mine love thawed out frozen bloodworms and brine shrimp, live bloodworm, daphinia and brineshrimp. Whats up with bettas eating live bloodworm?

Jon

jflowers said:
Mine love thawed out frozen bloodworms and brine shrimp, live bloodworm, daphinia and brineshrimp. Whats up with bettas eating live bloodworm?

Jon
ah, ok. thanks, i will try some thawed brine shrimp & dapnia. i feed brine shrimp to my fish and they love it. i think i recall reading somewhere that live bloodworms, or maybe it was a different kind of worms, seemed to harm bettas. maybe someone could correct me if i'm wrong about that.

Mine enjoy frog pellets (very small) specially made for frogs. They sink quickly so the other fish don't get to them all and they smell (i mean really smell!) as the frogs track their food by scent. Mine seem to love it.

phishluvr said:
Mine enjoy frog pellets (very small) specially made for frogs. They sink quickly so the other fish don't get to them all and they smell (i mean really smell!) as the frogs track their food by scent. Mine seem to love it.
Interesting, where do you get them? and are you in the uk? never seen anything like that.

Jon

thanks for the advice guys. i got them to eat the frog pellets & frozen brine shrimp -- which is their favorite! they're major pigs when they get the shrimps :D

HBH markets different pellets for frogs/toads, crabs and newts/salamanders...

iv heard dried foods arnt good for ADF and in some cases they wont even take them. i thing frozen foods are the best for them ;)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back