Adding black molly today!!!

nirvanarama

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
im getting a black molly today but i wondered if i should get a male or a female? i no that the eggs would get eaten if they bred in my current tank, as its the only tank i have. i have a female dalmation molly at the moment.

THE BIG Q: MALE OR FEMALE???

Well, you do know that it wouldn't be eggs you would get but live fry. Mollies are livebearers and give birth to live fry every 4 weeks or so once they get going. A male and a female is almost guarenteed to result in fry. Also, if you were to get a male, you would need to get another female too so that one female isn't harassed too much.

ooops, I just checked the tank. A biorb, right? I would not adda male because there's not the room for another female and resulting fry. Add a female, if any.

HTH :)

I personally wouldnt add mollies to a biorb, i would stick with smaller fish. Maybe guppies or some more tetras.

well i just got the black molly about an hour ago. yeah i know all about the livebearer stuff, thats why im planning on moving the dalmation moly and buying a male as well for my new tank (getting it in a few weeks).

jasmine: i thought so to, but my dad has the same 2 mollys in his biorb and they are perfectly active and happy.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back