Adding A Second Power Filter?

ozzkilledtoto

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Apr 16, 2009
Messages
60
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Miami, FL yo!
My tank cracked a while ago and so I had to get a larger one, now my question is.. since the power filter I had on the tank that broke is a little small for the new tank.. would it be okay to use that filter and get an additional power filter or would that be too much?
 
Get a 2nd one, since you say the filter you have now is smaller for the new tank, so 2 filters is way better than 1 , IMO.
 
Agree^^

Get another filter.

You can also add up both of the filters GPH (Gallons per Hour), and ideally you want 5x+ turn over rate in an hour.

So take the total GPH, divide it by your tanks size; this will give you your turn over rate.

-FHM
 
For every tank I have, I always get 2 filters for each, just for the heck of it.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top