Ada Amazonian 11

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Will having the Ammonia off scale for a period of time cause burning of the plants? On a couple of occassions I have dipped my hand in to the tank and felt a tingling sensation in any small cuts I have, almost like an electric shock. I only feel it when I have a cut though.

I ask because some of my HC has turned brown, but I am not sure whether it is diatoms or possibly chemical burning.

Dave.

Cant say I have noticed anything like that Dave, Im up to my armpits again in the muddy water doing another makeover on the tank, I have a small cut on my finger and don't notice anything unusual certainly not a stinging sensation.

Aquasoil is known to melt plants initially when they go through a transition period presumably to get used to the rapid drop in KH but nobody knows for sure why, but it is a known problem, I had some melt on the HC but nothing major, some of the lower parts went a dark green colour and some melted totally. You probably have diatoms Dave at this stage, is your ammomia readings still bad, could you introduce any ottos yet? as long as it has not all turned brown I would not unduly worry.

Will having the Ammonia off scale for a period of time cause burning of the plants? On a couple of occassions I have dipped my hand in to the tank and felt a tingling sensation in any small cuts I have, almost like an electric shock. I only feel it when I have a cut though.

I ask because some of my HC has turned brown, but I am not sure whether it is diatoms or possibly chemical burning.

Dave.

Well I stand corrected, apparently Aquasoil can cause a rash after you have handled it wet, guys over on planted tank complaining about it, Tom Barr included, have a look at his latest posts in the behemoth thread, I obviously just have not experienced this yet :blink:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back