Ad Block

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Avive

Admin
Admin
Reaction score
Can you guys confirm that you no longer see the top ad block?
If you do see it, can you hit ctrl+f5 and then then check it?

To me, I get no ads- but I got reports from several members who say they still see the ads, so I changes some settings, and hopefully that would fix it.
But just in case you still see ads, pls reply.

I still have the Ads up there but seeing as a lot of the ads are related to searches I have made on google, I am assuming the problem is with my settings? Either way, I am not seeing anything offensive and haven't in about two weeks? :good:

I've tried ctrl+f5, and clearing my cache, and I'm still seeing ads.

I still have adds, but they are not as bad. No more chinese ladies. I dont mind those adds as long as they arent disturbing. :good:

I've just disabled adblocker, better privacy and ghostery to check and I don't have ads without them.

Still going to re-enable them all though!

I still see them after doing everything you have said Avive. Haven't noticed any local ***** or Chinese Ladies though. :good:

Check that, i seem to have sorted it. :D

Firefox: ads disappeared immediately for me.

Chrome and IE: ads still showed up at first. I logged out of TFF, cleared all temporary internet files and cookies, closed the browsers, restarted them, logged in again. Ads are now gone in both.

Chrome and IE: ads still showed up at first. I logged out of TFF, cleared all temporary internet files and cookies, closed the browsers, restarted them, logged in again. Ads are now gone in both.

there is an add-on for IE that is designed to stop g??gles spying. its from MS, though MS themselves are no angels, in this respect.

you are wasting your time with Chr?me. its possibly one of the worlds most sophisticated bits of spyware.

Each to their own. I use IE and always have and everyone laughs at me and asks why I dont change to something better. Dont see the point in changing something that there isnt much wrong with.

My family have all had so many problems with their macs this past year that I've been the one laughing :lol:

I will try later to see if I can get rid of ads but i'm honestly not all that fussed.

there is an add-on for IE that is designed to stop g??gles spying. its from MS, though MS themselves are no angels, in this respect.

you are wasting your time with Chr?me. its possibly one of the worlds most sophisticated bits of spyware.

I do computing research; I think I am proficient enough in web browsers, web security, and so on. ;)

This thread was asking for data points on the ad issue, and most users have not indicated what environment was in use when the ads were still showing up. I was checking to see if any of the three browsers I had on hand replicated the issues other users saw, and two cases showed browser issues slightly beyond the originally suggested fix.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back