Aaaaaand I Wont Buy Livestock Off The Internet Again...

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

kylealastairlove

Fish Addict
Reaction score
the past few days have been great, got my new juwel lido 120 :) all set up and running now :) just waiting on my large pieces of root wood and catappa leaves, gonna create my S.E asian biotope i always wanted :) it took me a good few days to get the tank sorted as i didnt have much time due to work, but i got home today to find i had a delivery, my sister said oh your fish are here i've put them in your room and i was like what MY FISH ??? was a little confused then i remembered i had ordered some kuhlii's from the internet, so yeah got all excited after having waited ages for them, i purchased them a few weeks a go and didnt think they were ever gonna turn up thought id been scammed, so i opened the box to find 7 tiny kuhlii's... which were all dead, to say i was sad/annoyed was an understatement, to see all those tiny young kuhlii's just sitting there lifeless :( i asked my sister when they had arrived and she said just after she got back home at about one, and i got home at about half past, so it couldnt have been a time issue! i noticed there were also no heat packs in the box :( which im guessing might be the reason because the bag felt cold :( and probably the delivery person not treating them with care hmm i dunno,

cant get a refund either and they cost me like £30 just for 7 plus the expensive delivery charge, so yeah i had to take a pic of the dead kuhlii's and send it to the site sales person administrator i dunno and then they will decide if i can have a free credit for their site but i dont think i would want to use their site again even if i did get it for free :( hmm not good! anyway rant over!! lol

sometimes fish turn up dead, i was talking to my LFS staff and they were saying sometimes they get boxes full of dead fish, iv had live stock arrive off the net fine, try again. you say that they took ages to turn up, maybe the time of year has something todo with it? xmas post is bad and they might have gotten stuck somewhere, if your getting credit just order some more and they might turn up in good condition, normally livestocks posted next day delivery, so have a look at the stamp

maybe it was something to do with the time of year to be honest, just disappointing i guess after waiting so long and then i receive dead fish :( hmm yeah you're right if i get credit to use on the site why not ay :) might as well i suppose!

Sorry to hear this. I recently bought x 6 kuhlis from an Ebay seller for just £20 including next day postage and they were all in really good shape. They were packed really well with plenty of padding and with a heatpad. He has 100% good feedback too. If you decide you want to give it another go heres the link:-

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2c6b2d2020

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Maybe agree to give them a second chance, but if it happens again then say to them before they post this second batch that you want a full refund. May make them think twice about p&p if it was a fault of theirs and not general mail issue.

That eBay seller is handy to know of Gilli, I have saved them to my favourite sellers for future purchases :)

I don't buy fish online but do buy shrimp and snails. To me, it is completely about who you buy from. I think it is important to buy from someone with a good reputation,and by that I don't mean ebay reputation, someone known by other aquarists. Word of mouth is really important to me.

How come you can't get a refund? Usually sellers have a policy where you just need to provide photographic evidence and such.

if they refuse to give you your money back say you will contact trading standards!

Most reactions

Back