A Walstad Tank...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I wouldn't get either, if it were me. Sparkling gouramis love to eat shrimp. Mine would even have a go at the amano shrimp that were three times as big as them. It was no more than a minor annoyance to the amanos, but my guess is that if a shrimp is small enough for the SGs to tear to pieces and eat, they will.
That is true.
I was hoping to acheive a balance of prey and predator.

I was hoping to acheive a balance of prey and predator.

In an aquarium this is next to impossible. In nature, the prey can run from the predator, and if lucky (as most are or the species would be long gone) escape. This is not possible in any home aquarium. Some may manage to find shelter depending upon the aquascape, but predators are not so dumb that they cannot quickly figure this out.

Did you work out what the bug on the 1st day was?

9DA0C7DD-3086-42B4-BBC3-654D06D82E2F.jpeg

Hi, I just joined because I am thinking about getting a tank after many years. I had one when I was a teen.
I saw your mystery bug, and I love a good mystery. The closest thing to your bug that I could locate is a Caddisfly larva. They live in a protective case.
I have been following your thread. Your tank looks great.

Hi, I just joined because I am thinking about getting a tank after many years. I had one when I was a teen.
I saw your mystery bug, and I love a good mystery. The closest thing to your bug that I could locate is a Caddisfly larva. They live in a protective case.
I have been following your thread. Your tank looks great.
Hi :)
That really looks a lot like it!
Especially this picture I just found:
1677186862069.jpeg

Thanks for the information!
I never saw it again after that day. Not sure where it went. I was looking forward to watching it develop.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back