A very pregnant (Ready to birth) Guppy....?

Kirlaskia

Reaction score
Hello -- I have 5 female guppies and 3 males, I know most of the females are pregnant, but does anyone have a picture of a pregnant guppy that is about to give birth? So I know how big the black spot needs to be, (Basically so I know when to put it in the breeder)

-Veronica

Check out "the birth of a fry" . It's a movie of a guppy so pregnant she's giving birth!

You'll find it pinned to the top of the livebearers section.

Hi! any other signs that may suggest that the female may be droppin soon? like swimming near the surface, isoating itself, ....?
ermz... HeatherSweetness.... just how soon is just about time? a day or two? cos i do realise that my female's belly is already quite "squared up" and its been a few days and i dun see any fries...
would keeping the guppies full lower chances of the fries being eaten?
also i would greatly appreciate it if someone could just post a pic of a female guppy with an obvious gravid spot. from my past experiences... i dun seem to be able to see the gravid spot. just my thought : if the gravid spot is black because of the eyes of the fries, then wouldn't the spot be very hard to see in the case of red eyes or albinos? oh... is there any form of lighting required in order for the spot to be seen or is it obvious to the naked eye?
hope i don't sound too naggy... cheers!

If her belly is squared up already,she'll start hiding and wanting to be left VERY alone.She'll get aggressive and nippy. That's when I put mine in the net. I'll try to get a pic of my preggo guppy for you. I don't have the best cam but sometimes it puts out a semi-good pic. :)

Most reactions

trending

Back