Bristlenose
Fish Fanatic
I always thought it was a speck of grit or sand that applies the preasure that breaks the tank, not dust??!
i think this is a case of miss description by the shop, cant see dust, well household dust, doing any harm. but dust carried on the wind or by air conditioners, is made up of more than just human skin. a scrap of sand less than 1/2mm will crack a tank, as will a small protrudes of a nail head, even a raised knot in the wood can cause it. first off remember that glass is a liquid, though very viscose it is held together by its surface tension, any uneven stress could cause real problems.I always thought it was a speck of grit or sand that applies the preasure that breaks the tank, not dust??!
It's very easy to misread 'tone of voice' on forums... especially when people are in different time zones and countries... so I thought I would mention I type all this with a friendly, helpful smile on my face!
![]()
I would go for it so long as you can do 2 things, a) put a bin bag/ towel over your PC when you're doing water changes/tank maintenance b)Raise your computer up by a cm minimum, a block of wood or a couple of bricks would probably be ideal, just so that if your tank does leak (or have condensation run out of the lid) your computer is out of harms way.The tank doesn't overhang it has around two inch either side, but on one side is my computer. So i'm in two minds wether or not to fill it.
i can confirm that, its what i use for my tanks. i have a very big roll at home and its perfect. the edges do not flake and make a mess if people brush by it too.If you know anyone who is laying or has laid laminated flooring, the underlay for that is ideal to put under the tank and is neater than polystyrene tiles.
Ken