A Nice Beginner Plant Anybody

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

atmmachine816

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Hey guys if you didnt know i am still in middle school and I was wondering if any plant lovers here could tell me a good plant i could put right in front of the window in my room that gets sun a lot and can stay there all year long. Also if you do tell me a plant please tell me were i could find it.
Thanks
austin

I have a ficus on my south facing kitchen window - it's huge and loves it there.

I also have an osteospernum on the window ledge if you like daisy like flowers. He's fairly happy too.

Should be able to get either from any local garden centre or even Wallmart if you have one nearby.
:D

I got my succulents (split rock and tiger jaws) from Walmart. I picked succulents because I wanted plants for my front garden that could take full sun and didn't need watering often.

You could try a spider plant, I used to have them when I was at school and many offices I've worked in have them as they are quite tough and can survive a bit of under or over watering. they grow new plantlets which you can just break off and plant or leave them hanging.
spider2.jpg

I have a few cactus on my windowsill now and they are pretty easy, I only water them once every 2 weeks in winter and every week in the summer.

I also have "Lucky Bamboo", they are just in a jar of water.
bamboo%20deco%20%20002.jpg

I water all my plants with old water from the fish tank and they love it.

Arfie

ya i like spider plants my dad has one but thanks for the help i have several places around me Pettites, Wal-mart, Maria gardens and others father away but i really like mondo grass could you grow that because i know you cant grow it in a fish tank but how would you grow about growing that

o ok but do the roots need to be competley sumberged under water or do they just need watering once a week or whatever like other plants and can they do ok in direct sun all day long

no i dont have it in my tank i like to research every thing before i get it but they sell it at one of my lfs and i really like it and i wanted to grow it. If it doesnt like light that much i could put it on my dresser right next to my window where there wont be so much light would that be better and do you know how big they get so i know how big of a pot to put them in

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back