A Maroon Clown In A 20 +

vinniemabuna

Reaction score
:rolleyes: Hi , Im changing from a FW tank, 20 long to a SW . Im getting a Maroon clown + Im not sure. I was thinking about 2 Maroons but the aggression might be too much !! :crazy: Can someone sudgest a second fish , royal gamma, something else ? :sick: Ill have LR + CC , Thanks----

Actually, maroon clowns will get too big for a 20g. They belong in no less than a 4' tank IMO

actually maroons only get 6inches max, but usually never get this large, it would be fine in a 20 long

and for damsels, they don't mature marine setups...and there really aggresive and wouldnt get along w/ maroon

actually maroons only get 6inches max, but usually never get this large, it would be fine in a 20 long

and for damsels, they don't mature marine setups...and there really aggresive and wouldnt get along w/ maroon

You get the tank matured using Damsels then once the tank is matured you rehome them at the lfs replacing them with your prefered choice of fish!!!!!!!

you will have to take your whole tank down to catch the damsels, and will just cause problems, you can just cycle it with liverock or a peice of shrimp

:rolleyes: Hi all, thanks for the replys. I dont intend to keep these fish in this 20 gal long term. I havent had SW, well very much at all experience keeping SW fish. I want a 125 gal in the future so this is for me gaining a little experience.. When I have everything setup Ill post photos :good:

They would be fine short term, but preferably not more than six months. As I said they have been known to reach 8'' but it is admittedly quite rare.

you will have to take your whole tank down to catch the damsels, and will just cause problems, you can just cycle it with liverock or a peice of shrimp

Yeah very true but if you intend to mature a tank you put all the rocks in etc and get it matured.The one thing you dont do is aquascape it till you have got rid of the damsels and other species that you intend to evict.

The main thing I am try to get over is go for forward planning and if you have a plan in place ....it will work!!

:hyper: Hi guys I found a gold stripe MC in town, its hard to find anything good here in Tucson, Im sorry when it comes to the hobbie, I love tucson !! :good: Im picking her up tomorrow, my birthday , Im 48 but my daughter says Im 50 ! Well I still love her ! :shout: Im only going to put 1 GMC in my tank and maybe 1 small other fish in a week or 2.. Wow 1 fish , I just had 13 PS Saulosi near full grown Africans in there, :sick: 1 or 2 fish , i cant wait for a large tank ! :drool:

you need to cycle the tank before adding anything besides live rock

Hi guys if you have a chance go to the Photo site on this forum . I posted some shots of my new maroon., clown.. Please tell me what you think .. :rolleyes: Its eaten but wount swim away from the corner , Thanks--- :good:

Most reactions

Back