A kitty!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

What a beauty. She has the same coloring as our Lady, only ours is long haired. She pretty much adopted us. She was our apartments local stray, but she decided that she wanted to live with us. So I took her to the vet, got her a good check up and shots and now she stays, for the most part, in our apartment. We have 2 other cats. Nico, a long haired domestic. He's about 12 years old. We found him abandoned as a tiny kitten. And 3 years ago we got Archer. He's a Bengal. A breeder friend of mine gave him to me because he was born with a birth defect. So I hand raised him from birth. Archer is just like a mini mountain lion or bobcat. He stalks everybody in the home at some point. And we get ambushed regularly. Lol!
Our girl is Itiwhetu ( Little Star ). She came to us on the day she was born, her mother dropped her off under the spare bed. She is now 17 years old and is our pride and joy but can be a big pain in the butt as well.

the coyotes are doing just fine, and despite attempts at all-out extermination, they have greatly expanded their range in the last few decades.
I believe this is a key issue, the coyotes which survived our all-out extermination attempt know how to avoid humans and are very stealthy. Classic case of evolution, the ability to adapt.

If you don't want wild animals coming onto your property, don't move into the bush (forest/ wilderness).
I signed a peace treaty with the local deer population, I will no longer plant deer food in my gardens, they no longer come into my yard looking for food.

Long ago I had a dog which was not tied up and keep the deer out. My landscaping was dominated by hosta, we have shaded yard with ~20 full grown trees. When the dog died, the deer devastated my our landscaping. No more of that...

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back