April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Why do you wanna know that?
I mean you’re not in UK am I right?
I am not, but I wanted to know, so I could tell other people. (There are a lot of people here from the UK, so that is a frequently asked question)

I am not, but I wanted to know, so I could tell other people. (There are a lot of people here from the UK, so that is a frequently asked question)
Yea.....so we’re on the same page here then...

All species of Pomacea are banned throughout the EU because Pomacea insularum was found in a river in Spain.

When we could buy them they were all apple snails with the ones common in shops being called brig apple snails, Pomacea diffusa (what you call mystery snails) and cana apple snails, Pomacea canaliculata (what you call apple snails). Brigs grew to the size of a golf ball and were supposed to eat only dead plants while canas grew to the size of a tennis ball and ate live plants. Occasionally other species cropped up but those were the two main ones on sale.

Do they seem to poop a lot? How are they with nibbling live plants?

Do your nerites seem to poop a huge amount as well or was I unlucky, lol? Might be going to LFS early next week, so might be tempted to pick up a snail or two if he has any in :)
Nerites poop a lot at first, when they are eating all that yummy biofilm. If you have driftwood or leaflitter they will leave little piles of poo pellets. For the Devils, I haven't actually seen them poop yet. They leave my plants alone and only surf the sand and glass and occasionally nibble on the driftwood.

Nerites poop a lot at first, when they are eating all that yummy biofilm. If you have driftwood or leaflitter they will leave little piles of poo pellets. For the Devils, I haven't actually seen them poop yet. They leave my plants alone and only surf the sand and glass and occasionally nibble on the driftwood.
Nerites are little poop machines, not gonna lie. (Not worse than plecos, I know no other fish that produces more waste than plecos. :dunno: )

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back