A Good Horror Movie?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Loops

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I watched mirrors the other night, was ok.

Can anyone think of another one for me to watch please

Cheers x

there are no really good horror movies now a days but the 2 I've seen are

ghost ship: okay

night of the living dead: okay

people under the stairs.....

YES! Thank the gods there is someone else who has seen this! I was beginning to think I'd gone slightly mad as I have yet to meet anyone else who has!

I wouldn't class it so much as an outright horror though. More disturbing really.

As for some of my own reccomendations :

Clive Barker's Nightbreed
- AMAZING film. The book is great too. Lots of freaks andmonsters, shapeshifters and some blood and guts. Really good film " we are the tribes of the moon " I've loved this film since I was a small child.

Nightmare on Elm Street - Only the first couple are really any good. But the whole franchise is so well known you've probably seen them I guess.

The Thing - Great 80's sci-fi horror. Though the special effects are low budget, they are impressive nonetheless, quite gruesome!

The evil dead trilogy - If you haven't seen these you need your head looking at! film 1 is quite frightening/freaky, 2 is a mix of frightening and funny, 3 is purely hilarious.

From Beyond - Another great 80's horror. Pretty freaky.

Texas Chainsaw massacre - The original, NOT the remake. This is a classic you can't go far wrong with a bit of old leatherface and the girl on the hook scene.

All the above films are from the 80's, with the exception of Nightbreed which was made in 1990 . The 80's produced some of the THE best horror movies ever made IMO. Modern horrors are just really uninspiring and generic. They'v run out of ideas now so all we get is crappy sequels and re-hashes of the best 80's movies.

I have to disagree with the Texas Chainsaw Massacre. We have the original and I absolutely HATE it.
It's just annoying IMO. It's a classic, but that doesn't make it good lol.

Nightbreed is good though. Freakin love Clive Barker. It's not very scary though.

Hmm.. good horror movies.... well.. it depends what you find scary. I'll try to think of some that haven't been mentioned yet

My list of movies you might like....

Shaun of the Dead..... not sure if there are still people who haven't seen this yet lol
Fido..... Hilarious zombie flick. It's a bit of a spoof/parody. You just gotta watch it heh
Day of the Dead.... The 80's one, not the new one. The new one is a POS
Dawn of the Dead..... Original and the remake are both good imo..... can ya tell that I like zombie movies? heh
Event Horizon..... IMO it's underrated.
In the Mouth of Madness...... also a movie that doesn't get the recognition it deserves.
28 Days Later...... VERY good. Gives a nice twist to the whole zombie thing (even though they're not really undead zombies)
28 Weeks Later..... Not as good as the first one, but still something to see once at least.
Hellraiser 1 & 2...... Another Clive Barker movie. I like #2 better than 1, but I think you can't watch the 2nd without having seen the first.
30 Days of Night.... vampire flick that I found very entertaining. At least enough to buy it on DVD :D heh
Land of the Dead.... yes another zombie movie :p Wait.. here are some more!
Resident Evil 1-3..... I know a lot of people didn't like them, but I thought they were great.
Final Destination 1 & 2...... the rest of them suck. Cheap POS sequals.
Frailty........ Not really sure if this should be categorized as horror, but I highly recommend it anyway. I think anyone who hasn't seen this will be pleasantly surprised by it. It's REALLY good.
Candyman..... another Clive Barker movie.
Quarantine..... If you didn't like how Cloverfield or Blair Witch was shot, then it's not the movie for you. If that doesn't bother you, then I'd check it out.
Creepshow 1-2.... ood ole classic 80's stuff.
Demon Knight.... It's the first Tales from the Crypt movie. Funny, makes ya jump, just an all around entertaining movie.
Demons 2...... not to be mistaken for Night of the Demons. I know I've seen the first Demons, but only remember the 2nd one. I can't remember much about it other than it scaring the crap out of me when I was little lol.
Feast.... it's not great, but it's one of those fun gorey mindless horror movies.
Lost Boys.... The 80's one. It's SO 80's, but a must see anyway heh Not very scary though.... other than the 80's hair and clothes!
Tales from the Darkside: The Movie..... Great great great stuff!
Twilight Zone: The Movie..... also an actual good classic heh
Night of the Creeps..... I'm sure this is a lot better remembered in my head than the movie actually is rofl. But still.. might be worth looking in to :D
Waxwork 1 & 2...... They're both a bit on the more funny side... but enjoyable imo. The 2nd one is more of a parody, but I love it. Keep an eye out for Drew Barrymore's very small part in the 2nd one! heh

There were a few others I wanted to list, but they've slipped my mind atm... :)

Candyman..... another Clive Barker movie
Lost Boys.... The 80's one. It's SO 80's, but a must see anyway heh Not very scary though.... other than the 80's hair and clothes! :lol: horror,great film mind
also ilove anything to do with steven king :nod:
misery is another good flim

Lost Boys is amazing. The hair and clothes are GREAT! What's wrong with you ! I dress like that every day, I think I'dgo insane without my crimpers ! Naturally I also have to play spot the goth at the beginning. They're on screen for about...1 second but I get excited all the same :lol: Kiefer is :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: in that.

Dear lord what is wrong with you people- I watched Mirrors at the cinema and cried cuz I was so scared!
Never again, Im sticking to Charlie and the Choc factory.

it aint so much of a horror as a thriller but disturbia is good

Wolf Creek, I almost stopped watching it at one point. Its horrible, and apparently based on a true story.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back