A Game

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Baccus

We are not born just so we can die
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
I am an avide reader of useless facts and odd trivia, so I thought a little game on here where everyone posts their gems of trivia would be fun. I'll star off with.....

A group of jelly fish is called a smack.

Hope everyone has a go.

You are right good sir. :good:

A Jellyfish are made of 95% water & Contain no blood nor have a nervous system.

Oh and they have no brains.

Thought id keep it up with jellyfish :)

I don't have any jelly fish facts but a dog eats grass because they have no natural lubricants for when they poop so the grass acts as one.

Amur leopards are such good climbers that they can descend trees head first.

Just something I know about Amur Leopards.

Corydoras swallow air from the surface of the water and it is diffused through their intestines to supply them with oxygen as the water quality in their natural environment is so poor and oxygen deprived

Great so far
good.gif
I'll add another fact

Gold fish are the only known animal that can see in both ultraviolet and infrared light.

So I figure goldfish aren't stupid, slow or dopey they are just spaced out by all the pretty colours
laugh.gif

The Viper Fish can move all it internal organs towards it tail when it needs to make room for a large meal... sounds like good idea for Christmas :lol:

The Viper Fish can move all it internal organs towards it tail when it needs to make room for a large meal... sounds like good idea for Christmas :lol:

I wish i could do that :p

Im racking my brain for more facts :p

When certain turtles breathe, all of their internal organs are pushed to the front and back of their body in order to provide enough room for their lungs to expand . When they are underwater the turtles have developed a way to tak in oxygen from the sea itself. A series of blood vessels around the inside of the rear-end absorb oxygen through diffusion and add it into the body.
So turtles spend 65% of their time breathing from their butts :fun:

Don't quote me on this (i am frequently wrong!!!)

Axolotl's can re-generate any lost limbs(except heads :lol:)

Around 80% of life on earth is under water, maybe that where us fishy peoples fascination comes from - exploration :S.

A stickleback is the only fish that literally builds a nest like a bird, from weeds in their natural environment.

Unlike popular belief camels don't actually store water in their hump(s) they store fat in there so that they can turn it into water at will.

There are more species of fish than all the species of amphibians, reptiles, birds and mammals combined and a group of Sharks can be called a Gam!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back