A Few Questions.....?

xx-miss-limber-xx

Fish Fanatic
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
71
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Essex


I recently purchased my own water testing kit from my LFS. My PH was a whopping 9 :S earlier that day I had done a partical water change, so I tested my tap water and it came out about 8.5 ... thats not good is it!?

Any ideas as to what I can do to lower my PH? I bought API PH down, but its sulphuric acid, im scared to jus pour it into the tank, as it might harm my fish. I was thinking of doing a partial water change again and adding the PH down to the tap water (along with tap safe stuff) and then add the water to the tank... as then its not as concentrated.

What do you think?

Ps. To everyone who helped me previously with my nitrite spike, thankyou, I did lots of water changed as recommeded and rehomed a few of the larger fish. My tank looks alot healthier.

Also, although all the readings from my tank are relitively normal, my water no matter how many water changes I am doing is still a little yellowy coloured... is this from the plants? I have lots of real plants.... would this be off colouring the water?

Thankyou in advance for any help :)

Katie x
 
Sorry for the late reply, its liquid. I tested it 3 times, its defo ph9 wheras my bottled water was 7... so i know the test isnt giving me wrong readings... :S help!

Plus im thinking of setting up a dwarf puffer tank and dont know if they will tolerate a ph so high... :( x
 

Most reactions

Back
Top