A Couple Co2 Equipment Questions

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

slim4130

Reaction score
Hi guys,

been doing a bit of searching, but I can't find really what i'm after.

Dead simply....
- Does a glass diffuser have to be a certain size for the given amount of water? Is there a particular type/brand that is considered to be the best or better? I.e have a rena tank, circa 380L if you need to know. High lighting watts per gallon also.
- I have a 'U' shape glass tube to sit at the top of the tank, and then obviously a glass diffuser will be inside the tank. The clear plastic tube that connects the two, does this have to be specifically a CO2 tube, or will 12" of the clear plastic tube i had for my bubble air line be ok, given that its inside the tank? The other side of the 'U' pipe will be behind the tank background and is green Dennerle CO2 tube.
- Bromothymol blue - where do you guys get it? I figure it will be cheaper in the long run to mix my own drop check mix. Is this the case?

Many many thanks in advance :)

Alex

1. i dont think so although you wouldn't want a nano one a medium size defuser should do
2. the reason co2 tubeing is used is becuase airline degrades from the co2, so i would use co2 tubing saying that my yeast system is set up with airline and running fine
3. i got mine off ebay

Lovely thanks Mike.

The Bromothymol blue, was it neat off ebay, or a ready mixed solution?

From what i've read, the solution should last months. is that fair to say?

the stuff iv got off ebay is still basically full and iv had it for 3 months so yer it lasts ages, mine was premixed with 4dkh sollution as well

make sure you get a glass and desent drop checker as my plastic one i think is leaking

Yeah thanks Zikofski, I've got a glass drop checker winging its way to me.

Mike, is it actually Bromothymol blue, or is it a pre mixed reagent then? I suppose if it lasts that long it's not worth buying the blue and making my own in bulk.

Sorry, scrud that, I've just re-read your post. It's a pre mixed you've got then :) I'll go have a looksy on flea bay.

Thanks very much for your help mate, really appreciate it.

Alex

Most reactions

Back